Saturday, September 17, 2016

Ready for another Blow Up

I know I don't blog much anymore.  Sometimes I miss it.  I enjoy writing, but frankly, meh.

So, there's another blow up in the Lutheran social media world.  Is it surprising or shocking?

...  Not really.  Megachurches will do megachurch things.   Folks who want attention will strive for attention.  The self-justifying will justify their own actions.

Have we not realized its the same thing?  And yet, so often we will want to match pride for pride, ego for ego.  "I'm right" will be answered with "No, I'm right."

There were some present at that very time who told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And he answered them, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered in this way? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them: do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others who lived in Jerusalem? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.” - Luke 13:1-5

 Signs of the times, folks. Signs of the times always around us - always reminding not that we are more righteous (or less righteous) than others - but that we are sinners in a sinful world, and we ourselves should repent.  We should take heed lest we ourselves fall. 

God grant that we keep our eyes focused upon Jesus, even when there are so many more salacious things to talk about.

No comments: