Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Not gonna think too much

Part of my libertarian streak dislikes Thanksgiving. How wicked and perverse of a society are we and how miserable are we as Christians especially if we need the government to tell us to pause and be thankful?

Thanksgiving - bah humbug?

Still, it is what it is - and it's not a bad thing, really. I enjoy it. But I'm not going to try and spend too much time thinking about what I am thankful for -- at least not more than any other time. Too often we put things that should be routine into one specific time, and then ignore it for the rest of the year. Instead of being intensely thankful now -- I think I'll just work on being thankful more and more all the time, thank you very much.

Just like I probably need to work on cleaning at times other than just the Spring! Lord have mercy!

No comments: