You know, the Law in Luke 14:15-24 stands out entirely too clearly when:
1. The wheat harvest will have started by this Sunday, so who knows what attendance will be like.
2. The Post-memorial day "Let's go to the Lake and forget Church" season has kicked in.
3. We, for whatever foolish reason, do not plan on celebrating the Supper this weekend, because well, we just don't do that on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month.
Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy.
You know, the Gospel in Luke 14:15-24 stands out so clearly when:
1. We see the great love that Christ has for use even though we are poor, crippled, blind and lame, and have often wandered down the highways away from Him.
2. We see the wonders of the feast of God, whereby we receive true and full forgiveness for all of our sin from Christ.
3. We see the wonder that we are joined together with Christ and all the Saints, with those of our loved ones who now see Christ face to face and who are always at the feast.
We praise Thee, we Bless Thee, we worship Thee, we glorify Thee, we give thanks to Thee for Thy great glory which Thou showest in the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus for our Justification and life!