Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Or a shorter version

The pious, faithful man called out to Christ, "I believe, help my unbelief."

The arrogant tract writer said, "I believe, save me from my neighbor's unbelief."

Be a pious, faithful man.

(But, but Luther condemned others! No, Luther condemned anything that obscured Christ - not because he was strong, but because he knew he himself was weak, and that without Christ to constantly aid him, he would be swept along by these wiles. There's a difference. Learn it).

2 comments:

Mike Baker said...

"I am more afraid of my own heart than of the pope and all his cardinals. I have within me the great pope: Self. I more fear what is within me than anything that might come from without." -Luther

Jailbreak Iphone said...

Wow, very nice words. I like the lines very much!