Friday, May 1, 2015

Checking in from Herscher

I know I've been quiet for a while, but that is because I am transitioning to serving at a new parish.  On May 3rd I will be installed as the pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church of Herscher, Illinois.  A few notes with this:

1.  I will still be posting sermons, although they will be posted Saturday evenings, as there is a Saturday night service here (at 5 pm).

2.  I will be restarting (probably on the 11th of May) my weekly meditation on Monday mornings -- if you are interested in getting these, please send an e-mail to pastorbrown.trinity@comcast.net

3.  Um... maybe read my snark with a Chicago-style accent instead of an Okie accent?

Other than that, life continues.  We all remain sinners struggling with the common struggles and afflictions of life in a fallen world, but we face them knowing that nothing that we face is unexpected or surprising to Jesus, and that His forgiveness which He won for us still fully applies.

Excellent.  Now - to unpack.

No comments: