Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What Does Sanctification Look Like

So what does the Sanctification look like? I'm awake and have been since 6. It was my wife's morning to look after Victor. He woke up, and my wife was sleeping. So, I crawled out of bed and took care of my son, letting my wife sleep. Is this a mighty thing? Is it something that anyone would have known about (and you ought not know about it, but I'm giving an example)? Is it something that some table thumper would list on his scrawl of all the things you have to do to be a Christian? No. If anything, it's despised. Changing diapers. Waking up a bit early. Meh. But it's care for your neighbor, the ones God has placed in my life. You want to show forth sanctification - go do simple care for your neighbor, the stuff that no one will see or notice, that no one will praise, the stuff that no one will say, "My, what a mighty Christian witness" about... just go love the folks God has placed into your life... even if it means changing a few diapers. Oh, and don't talk about it... that becomes self serving. Bear in mind that I also was the jerk who went to bed early and let my tired wife deal with the whiney boy then =o)

No comments: